Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We will be travelling early hours of the morning, and its

Customer Question
our first time so whom...
We will be travelling early hours of the morning, and its our first time so whom will we see to get our gst tax refunds?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
12/2/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

You mention traveling so I am going to say you are asking about tourist refund scheme.

If you are making a claim under the TRS for goods you are taking out as accompanied baggage, the current TRS rules apply.

You must be able to present these goods to a Customs and Border Protection officer on request along with the tax invoice for the goods and any other documents that confirm that you are leaving Australia on an aircraft or ship.

Show the receipts to customs. If you are due a refund then you will be assisted then.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4