Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am starting a business and i incorporated wanting to do

Customer Question
things correctly. I do...
i am starting a business and i incorporated wanting to do things correctly. I do not even have my product or packaging finished yet and its the end of the year so my question is is there form i need to file with the IRS since i have done nothing with my business dont have a finished product and have not generated any income
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
12/1/2015
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

If you have already incorporated (whether C corporation or S corporation), you will need to file the appropriate tax return even if it contains all zeroes.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/corporation-file-federal-income-tax-return-sales-66457.html

https://www.irs.gov/Help-&-Resources/Tools-&-FAQs/FAQs-for-Individuals/Frequently-Asked-Tax-Questions-&-Answers/Small-Business,-Self-Employed,-Other-Business/Entities/Entities-4

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me for a portion of the fee you previously paid.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent