Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I been incarceration on and off last 15 years I was out in

Customer Question

I been incarceration on and off for the last 15 years I was out in 2002 and that was the last time I file so would I be penalties against me
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Your requirement to file is based on your income and filing status.

If your income was below the need to file you would not be penalized if you did not file.

As long as you had no income while incarcerated you would not be required to file a return and woudl not be penalized.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Rating lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for my time.