How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29965
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are a Canadian Inc. We are selling directly in to the US

Customer Question

We are a Canadian Inc. We are selling directly in to the US via our Website. Our product is manufactured in Canada, shipped to a fulfilment company in NY then sent to our customer. What should we be registering for?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

As you are regularly using a facility in NY where your productions is stored and from where it is shipped to customers - that indicated your nexus in NY and your corporation woudl be treated as doing business activities within NY state.
Thus - you will need to file

- US tax return as a foreign corporation for 1120F - reporting only income from US sources.
- NY state corporate income tax return
- if you are shipping goods to customers within NY - you woudl need to register and collect NY sales tax from these sales.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate if take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.