Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Robin, I stayed abroad (Poland) and had financial problems.

Customer Question
Hi Robin, I stayed abroad...
Hi Robin, I stayed abroad (Poland) and had financial problems. Low income below $10000 so I didn't file tax return. How can I repair that situation with IRS ? I filled Polish tax return during that time so I can prove low income.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
11/20/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

Your requirement to file is based on your income. If this was from employment you may not have had a requirement to file in that specific year.

If this was form self employment then you would just need to file the tax return.

What year did you not file and what was the source of your income?

If you did not file 2014, were single, and employee you would not need to file if your income was less than $10,150 .

If my answer addressed your question Chris please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.

Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4