Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What do we need to do with a Limited Partnership after we

Customer Question
filed the final tax return...
What do we need to do with a Limited Partnership after we filed the final tax return? We now need to request a new Fiscal year for this Limited Partnership for other purpose.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
11/18/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If you file the final tax return for the partnership - that means - the partnership is dissolved and doesn't exist anymore...

All assets are distributed to partners.
So - because the partnership is dissolved - you may not request anything for THAT partnership.

But you may form a new partnership and may request a Fiscal year for that NEW Partnership.

I appreciate if take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor