How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29801
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a nurse. I have lived in NJ. I just recently (2 months

Customer Question

I am a nurse. I have lived in NJ for years. I just recently (2 months )come to stay with my son who lives in MO.I have a rental property still in NJ that my daughter lives in. I am about to go do an 8week travel contract back in NJ. Technically, a travel contract requires you to live out of state to qualify as a traveler. IF I say I live in MO to qualify, am I going to have a problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

If your tax home changed to MO - then your travel for temporary 8 weeks assignment to NJ is business trip and you woudl be eligible to deduct travel expenses.
However - we need to be clear that your tax home was changed and your permanently moved to MO before your assignment.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate if take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.