How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3567
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx and my SS is # xx xxxx. I have a

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and my SS is #xxx xx xxxx. I have a payment plan --for year 2011, #1040. The remaining balance is $2,956
My monthly payment is $75--due this month on 11/25. However on 10/16,2015, I had surgery fora total knee replacement. I am asking for a 2-month break to help pay the bill for the surgery. I will resume payment on January 25,2016, if approved. you can check my record. I have done this before.
I always have been able to get approval via telephone, but this doesn't seem possible anymore.
Please send me a response.
Thank you.
xxxxxxxx xxxxxx
173 xxxxxxxx xxxx
xxxxxxxxxx, xx xxxxx
tel IRS notice xxxxx
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

Kathleen, you will need to call 1-***-***-**** (IRS), to request changes be made to the installment agreement. I am unable to assist you online with that matter. Be prepared to be on hold for a long period of time.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.