Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is there anyway I can make an irs payment so that I owe less

Customer Question
in April for my tax...
Is there anyway I can make an irs payment so that I owe less in April for my tax return?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
11/13/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

That is not an issue - and you may make tax payment ANY time.
The IRS will be glad to take your money.
What you may so - put in the memo part of your check - your SSN and the year for which you are making a payment.
For instance - "SSN***-**-****; 2015"
That will indicate how your payment will be credited.

We are a family though so two Ssn. What is the address? Is there some printed instructions I can look up

If you are filing a joint tax return - you only need SSN of the primary taxpayer.

But you may list SSN of the spouse as well but that will not make any difference.

You may use a payment voucher and send your payment with that voucher

See last pages here

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf
For mailing address - see page 4 - it is based on your state.

I appreciate if take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor