How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29571
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there anyway I can make an irs payment so that I owe less

Customer Question

Is there anyway I can make an irs payment so that I owe less in April for my tax return?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

That is not an issue - and you may make tax payment ANY time.
The IRS will be glad to take your money.
What you may so - put in the memo part of your check - your SSN and the year for which you are making a payment.
For instance - "SSN***-**-****; 2015"
That will indicate how your payment will be credited.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are a family though so two Ssn. What is the address? Is there some printed instructions I can look up
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

If you are filing a joint tax return - you only need SSN of the primary taxpayer.

But you may list SSN of the spouse as well but that will not make any difference.

You may use a payment voucher and send your payment with that voucher

See last pages here
For mailing address - see page 4 - it is based on your state.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate if take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.