Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

My boyfriend has not paid taxes years, we got married and he

Customer Question

My boyfriend has not paid taxes for few years, we got married and he needs to fix it for the immigration process? what is the best step to go forward, thank you :-)
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

Probably the quickest and easiest would be to sit down with a tax preparer and get alt least the last three years filed.

...

If he had money withheld from his pay the it could be that there is no money owed at all

...

And if he does owe there are a couple of options for paying it over time (including an installment agreement)

...

See This: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Payment-Plans-Installment-Agreements

...

Hope this helps

...

have understood your question correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome. A positive rating (by clicking on the stars or smiley faces on your screen) would be thanks enough ... That's the ONLY way I'm credited for the work here

.

Lane

.