Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am working with a local irs rev officer trying to set up

Customer Question
an installment agreement for my...
I am working with a local irs rev officer trying to set up an installment agreement for my business and personal Usually when she sends me certified mail it originates from my city. I got certified notice left in mail and it originated out of Ogden Utah. What could that mean possibly?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
11/8/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

It is not really possible to advise what the notice is about. The IRS has many "campus" locations.

I can advise that the Ogden campus handles the penalties that are assessed. If you are late (reason for the installment being you have not paid and the time is past due) a penalty would be assessed for that .

You would need to get the letter and see what the notice number is ***** the letter.

The fact that it comes from the Ogden Campus could just mean that it is because your business is in MS. The Ogden campus handles many functions for requests made from the following states:

Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, or any place outside of the United States

You have to get the letter to know for certain what it means.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below after you get the notice.

Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** please allow me to provide you with additional information that you will find helpful and will put your mind at ease.

Based on the information provided in your question that you have business and personal tax liabilities, and even though you have been communicating with an IRS representative from your local IRS office, the Ogden, UT office of the IRS is one of the primary locations for IRS collections.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Did you have a chance to get the letter yet?

Let me know when you do so we can continue.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4