Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can I pay taxes that I owe personally from my corporate bank

Customer Question
account...
Can I pay taxes that I owe personally from my corporate bank account
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2015
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

It is not advisable to mix personal and business expenses, but there's no rule that says you cannot do it as long as you don't deduct it as expense on your corporate return.

And IRS doesn't care who pays the taxes, as long as it is paid. Just make sure you document it properly, get the bank statement, highlight he charge and keep it with other tax records.

How much are the interest and penalties per month? Is it a % of the amount owed?

There's failure to file penalty which is 4.5% for each month and failure to pay penalty which is 0.5% for each month, up to 25%. There's also interest compounded daily, currently 3%. The interest may change every 3 month, it is the same as federal short term rate.

Yes, interest and penalties are calculated from the amount you owe.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser