Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am inquiring what type of taxes are assessed floating man

Customer Question
I am inquiring what type...
I am inquiring what type of taxes are assessed for a floating man camp of around 500 men (barge) in Cameron, LA.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
11/6/2015
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

.

I need to know all types of taxes charged by Louisiana Cameron Parish, LA. for a floating man camp of around 500 men (barge)
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

The Tax Assessor is the public official responsible for establishing the value of property for ad valorem, property tax purposes.

The assessment of an asset (property) is usually expressed in relation to the asset’s market value, also known as its fair market value.

The Louisiana Constitution and Revised Statutes mandate that property subject to ad valorem taxation be listed at its assessed valuation, which shall be a percentage of its fair market value. This is called the fractional level of assessment.

Commercial personal property, also know as movable property, is assessed at 15% of market value.

Once the assessed value of an asset is determined, the amount of taxes owed on that asset can be calculated. In Louisiana, the millage rate is applied to the assessed value rather than the market value.

in Cameron Parish - Mona Kelley - Assessor

***** Suite A Cameron, LA 70631

P. O. Box 1100 Cameron, LA ###-##-####/p>

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

See for reference

http://www.lafayetteassessor.com/topicspdfs/louisiana%20property%20tax%20basics%20booklet%203.pdf

You may also use property tax calculator

http://www.propertytax101.org/louisiana/cameronparish/taxcalculator

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor