Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If I make $120K and my wife makes $50K is their a greater

Customer Question
advantage for one of us...
If I make $120K and my wife makes $50K is their a greater advantage for one of us to sign up for benefits (medical, dental, etc) than the other, with the "other" declining coverage and going on a family plan?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
11/6/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

There is no tax advantage - but if your and your spouse's employer - bot are offering health insurance benefits - you might want to evaluate and compare each plan and your actual medical needs - and decide which option is better for you.
Then you compare the cost and verify if any additional benefit comes with additional cost and if that additional cost is justified.

If you are looking to purchase the plan outside your employer - that is possible - but usually plans offered by employers are better.

I appreciate if take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor