How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had been paying my father to look after my child last

Customer Question

Hi, I had been paying my father to look after my child last fanacial year, which Centrelink already aware as I had claimed child care benefit for paying him look after my he decide to return all the money I paid him previously back to me as he just want to help me out for free. I am also happy to inform Centrelink to return the money I received from them. He has not done the tax return for the last fanacial year so far as he forget to do so,but he is planing to do it ASAP. Mind you his gross income would exceed the tax threshold if including the the income I paid for him. I am just wondering will he still be charged for tax for those money he returned to me?dose he still need to declare those income he returned to me when lodging his tax return?will ATO allow him to return the money to me to waive those tax need to be paid?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax