How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1561
Experience:  22 years of tax preparation experience, including individual, trust, and estate returns.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I haven't received my tax bill year 2015 because my address

Customer Question

I haven't received my tax bill for this year 2015 because my address changed.This is a rental that my daughter lives in*****in Eagle Rock Ca.
My mailing address is*****Tujunga, Ca.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Are you talking about your property tax bill?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my property tax bill for*****eagle rock ca. Los angeles county
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.

OK; I'm having difficulty accessing the LA County Assessor's office; Orange County's is much simpler.

However, by looking through the various web sites, I see your AIN (Assessor's ID number) is 5684-018-021. (The website where I found that is at

It shows as defaulted in 2015 (it appears you missed the April 2015 payment), with the redemption amount as $517.95. The amounts due on December 10, 2015 and April 11, 2016, are both $414.04. Elsewhere on the website it states that you need a PIN to make payments; that PIN being found on the tax bill.

The change of address you file with the Assessor's office can be obtained at (you fill it out online, print, sign, and mail): and is mailed to

Office of the Assessor

Ownership Division

500 W. Temple St., Dept. M/A

Los Angeles, CA 90012

You may also need to let them know separately that you don't live in the property, to revoke the homeowner's exemption for future years. IF you lived in the property on January 1, 2015, it's OK for this year.

Alternatively, you can handle the change of address at an assessor's office.

The website where you can make determine the amount of payments, or make payments if you have a checking account or credit card, is

I hope I've answered your question completely. If you need more help, please don't hesitate to ask, but I'm going to be out for the next couple hours, and then out from tonight through Friday morning.

Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.

Sorry; I forgot to click that I think I've answered your question.