Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Lane, how is the taxation if I move to usvi and work Danich

Customer Question
Hi Lane, how is the...
Hi Lane, how is the taxation if I move to usvi and work for a Danich company? - all ny work can be done via internet
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
11/4/2015
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

...

First a quick question (that will drive the answer)

...

Are you a U.S. person? (meaning U.S. citizen, green card holder, or passing substantial presence test.

...

Let me know and we can go from there

No not at the moment

I don't understand ... have you renounced your citizenship or have you never been a U.S. Citizen

I have a Danish citizentchip, today living i France

An individual who has income from Guam, the Commonwealth of t he Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico will probably have to file a tax return with the tax department of one of these territories. It is possible that you may have to file two annual tax returns: one with the territory's tax department and the other with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.

...

But in this case, you will only file the return with USVI tax authority, as you are not a U.S. person

Ok Can I call back later?

If you are a bona fide resident of the Virgin Islands on the last day of the tax year, you must file your tax return on Form 1040 with the Government of the Virgin Islands and pay the entire tax due to the Virgin Islands. You do not have to file with the IRS for any tax year in which you are a bona fide resident of the Virgin Islands on the last day of the year, provided you report and pay tax on your income from all sources to the Virgin Islands and identify the source(s) of the income on the return. If you have non-Virgin Islands source income, you must also file Virgin Islands Form 1040 INFO, Non-Virgin Islands Source Income of Virgin Islands Residents, with the Virgin Islands Bureau of Internal Revenue. You can get Form 1040 INFO by contacting: Virgin Islands Bureau of Internal Revenue

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney