Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I can't locate our CP575. How would I get a copy of this?

Customer Question
Our Tax ID # *****###-##-####...
I can't locate our CP575. How would I get a copy of this? Our Tax ID # *****###-##-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
11/4/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

The IRS will not send you a copy of the CP575 because they only send that one time but they can send you a verification of the EIN. This is a 147C Letter. It works for proof though.

Call the IRS Business Line at 1-***-***-**** and tell them you need the 147C.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.

Thank you.

You are most welcome.
My goal is to give you excellent service.
Your positive rating is thanks enough

I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question.
Rating lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for my time.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4