How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In October of this year I received a CP2000 in which the IRS

Customer Question

In October of this year I received a CP2000 in which the IRS explains that our 2013 return was incorrect. I used TurboTax and it kept excluding one of our SSDA, somehow I corrected the problem, however, I sent the wrong returns. I have the one I should have sent. What do I do?
I also, have an installment agreement which directly comes out of my husband's pension.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to our site!
I am sorry for your situation - but because your tax return was already processed - you may not just file another return.
What need to do - file an amended tax return and correct errors.

The amended tax return is filed on form 1040X.

Here is the form

You may use TurboTax to prepare amended tax return - but woudl not be able to file it electronically.

Instead you need to print its - do not forget to sign - and mail to the IRS.

Be sure to enter the year of the return you are amending at the top of Form 1040X. The form has three columns:

  • Column A shows original figures (the original return) or adjusted figures (prior amendments or exam changes).
  • Column C shows the corrected figures (what they should be).
  • Column B is the difference between Columns A and C. There is an area on the back of the form to explain the specific changes you are making and the reason for each change.

Attach copies of any forms or schedules affected by the change

Let me know if you need any help.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate if take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.