How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3118
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My doctor client has been asked by Medicare copy of s IRS

Customer Question

My doctor client has been asked by Medicare for a copy of his IRS Form CP 575, which he received many years ago. Unfortunately he cannot find it, and I have not been successful in getting a copy from the IRS. They don't answer the phone. Any suggestions.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

CP 575 is only issued once, you will not get another copy from IRS. You will have to request letter 147C - confirmation of a business owner's taxpayer identification number (TIN), or EIN. You have to call IRS at 1-***-***-**** during business hours to request the letter.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Here's IRS manual how how copy of CP575 requests are processed:

Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.