Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My question is about residential tax assessment, once I was

Customer Question
my question is about residential...
my question is about residential tax assessment, once I was eligible for the 4% and I failed to report my changes and was back taxed for the years 2012,13 and 14 at the 6%. My problem is when did the penalty changed from 10% plus interest to 100% of the taxes paid plus interest ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I don't want to be charged twice for the same question nor charge for a phone call .
10/30/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

You could look to the changes made in 2006 in South Carolina. Taxpayers who qualify for legal residence also qualify for additional relief as provided in the Property Tax Reform Act of 2006. This relief is applied to 100% of the school operating portion of the millage.

If the property is not legal residence then the tax is applied without the tax relief from school tax.

Your questions about the fees her on just Answer should be taken up with Customer Support. I have no access to any of your account info.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4