How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed an extension 2014 Federal Tax Return in April and

Customer Question

I filed an extension for my 2014 Federal Tax Return in April and just recently filed my 2014 Federal Tax Return. Unfortunately, we're in the process of buying a new house and the mortgage broker requires officially filed tax returns to process the mortgage. What are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You have couple of options. You can ask him if prior year return and current year income tax statements like w2 or 1099s will be acceptable as proof of income or you will have to request your return transcript. When did you filed your tax return and how did you filed? Did you e-filed or paper filed.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I still don't see you coming to this chat.

When and how you filed will affect when the transcript will be available. Since most returns are e-filed those days, transcript is widely used and acceptable proof return filing. It is also a confirmation that your return was received by IRS.

It takes about 6 weeks to process paper filed returns, and and about 3 weeks to process e-filed return. Once return is processed your transcript will become available.

You are still offline. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

To get your transcript go here:

Signed paper return is also considered legal document, so if you can print your return and sign it, your broker should accept it as legal document as well.