How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3804
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just received an email today from the corporate office on

Customer Question

I just received an email today from the corporate office on a pending tax levy to begin on the 5th of Nov for back taxes I owe from 2004, how can I stop the levy and work out deal with the IRS to pay back my debt?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If the email claims to be from the IRS, it is a scam. The IRS does NOT communicate with taxpayers via email.

If the email is from your corporate office at work notifying you that the IRS intends to levy against your earnings, call the IRS immediately and tell the IRS representative you want to make arrangements to pay the taxes you owe. Call(###) ###-####or the phone number listed on the most recent notice you received from the IRS by mail. The IRS will stop the levy action immediately.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me for a portion of the fee you previously paid.

Best regards,