Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We received an EIN number from the internet but I cannot

Customer Question
remember it. can you please...
We received an EIN number from the internet but I cannot remember it. can you please give it to us?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
10/26/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

If you have not received your IRS letter with the EIN listed and acknowledged you can call the Business Line.

Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-#### ***** hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.

An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it.

Your EIN would not be published (it is like an SSN so protected).

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4