Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I received a LT16 letter at my old address. I am currently

Customer Question
Hey Richard I received a LT16...
Hey Richard
I received a LT16 letter at my old address. I am currently living in another state. The 10 day call period has passed after I finally got the letter. What do I do now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/22/2015
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Good afternoon. You want to call the number at the top of the letter immediately. Communication with the IRS is the key and you want to communicate with them as soon as possible so that they don't think you are simply ignoring the letter. Explain to them what happened and provide them your new address. That will handle any issues with you being past the 10 day period and they will give you additional time to respond.

Richard, Tax Attorney