How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3173
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Filed 941 using improper dollar amount on 5a column 2.

Customer Question

filed 941 using improper dollar amount on 5a column 2. column 1 was correct. how do I amend? form 941x seems to be only used when wages change not the rate.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What you did is classified as math error, not filing or reporting error. You don't file amendment to fix math error. It will be automatically fixed by IRS during processing and you will receive a bill with the additional balance due or a letter asking what do you want to do with overpayment.

Read here number 2:

Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

If you owe, you can make additional payment to IRS or just wait for the bill. You should hear from IRS soon.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.