How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15740
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am completing form w 8bene
, our fimr has invoiced a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** I am completing form w 8bene
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: our fimr has invoiced a us company and they have requested the completed form. we are an active nffe. I am not sure wether we need an EIN, Giiin or foreign tin or none of them for box 8
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: unfortunately its qyite uyrgent
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.


No you do not need an EIN. When you mark that you are an Active NFFE then complete Part XXV.

You can skip line 8.

The US company should know that you are a foreign entity and the W8 BEN E is what they keep to show why they did not withhold. As long as you did not perform any services in the US (physically) then they woudlnot withhold.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.