How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has an S corporation and actively participates

Customer Question

My husband has an S corporation and actively participates in, I am a real estate professional and I have 1 rental property I actively participate in both. Why is CA asking me to complete form 3801? Isn't this for passive income and loss? I have non-passive income only.
Please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to complete CA FTB form 3801? If so what shall I enter on column C
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax, and will assist.