Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Need to get copy of w-2 2013 tax year

Customer Question
need to get copy of...
need to get copy of w-2 for the 2013 tax year
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
10/18/2015
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Since this is 2013, the easiest way would be contacting the employer, many companies store w2 online and are easily accessible by current and often former employees.

If you don't need state/city income and tax information, you can request IRS transcript. Transcript is widely acceptable since it has all the information that original w2.

And if transcript will not work your last option is to contact social security administration (your local office is fine) and request a copy. There's a fee for it, I believe $35 per copy. Beside your employer, social security administration is the only place that keeps actual copies of w2s

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

If you found my answers helpful, a Positive Rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser