Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How 2 know if fees been received on agreed tax owned account

Customer Question
I have been paying on...
I have been paying on my agreed tax owed account. I'm questioning as to whether my October payment has been received.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
10/16/2015
Tax Professional: Peter Griesch,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Griesch
Is your agreed tax owed to the state, or to the IRS? Is it automatically withdrawn from your account, or have you been sending checks?
The easiest way to check,check is to look at your bank statement to see if the payment was withdrawn, or whether the checks were cashed by the taxing authority. If you are still concerned after doing so, you may contact the IRS at (###) ###-####(###) ###-####(Houston), or at the national number, (###) ###-####***-***-**** , and they can assist you in determining whether payment has been received.
Finally, you can order a copy of your IRS transcript to determine tax liability for a year by following the instructions on this website: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript.
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch