Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Where do i report compensation of officers single owner s

Customer Question
Customer: where do i report...
Customer: where do i report compensation of officers for a single owner s corp on my 1040? I have completed my business return and I am working on my personal return
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I filed my 1120s with compensation of officers at 35,000 and ordinary business income (loss) at 35,415
I am not sure where to include that compensation - I did not file any other forms
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: it was a pop up. i will try to finish first
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/16/2015
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. PDtax here. Do you still need help?

Unless you paid in the social security, medicare and other taxes, I would report the s corp income that should be wages as directors fees or rent or other income. Firm 1040, line 21 I think.

Thanks from just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

PDtax
PDtax