Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am filling out my first TPT-1 form and am not sure what

Customer Question
Customer: Hello - I am...
Customer: Hello - I am filling out my first TPT-1 form and am not sure what (A) business description is, (B) Region Code and (C) Business Class is.
I don't see any charts which give possible categories for these items
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am a newly formed interior design firm which possibly resales furniture, and I do business in Phoenix - company is an LLC
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: That's fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
10/15/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

I am filling out my first TPT-1 form and am not sure what (A) business description is, (B) Region Code and (C) Business Class is.

The tax rate table 1 for TPT has the Business description.

The Region Code identifies the county or city in which you conduct business, or the special region code required of some businesses.

For counties or special regions, the region code will be three letters (e.g., MAR for Maricopa County). For program cities, the region code will be two letters (e.g., KM for Kingman). Please refer to the TAX RATE TABLES for the appropriate region codes. (See Tables II, IV, or V.)

For reporting state and county tax Col C, this column identifies the three digit number corresponding to your business classification, which can be found in Table I of the TAX RATE TABLES. (e.g., 017 is the business class number for a retail business).

https://www.azdor.gov/Portals/0/TPTRates/201510.pdf

All your tables should be in the above link.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4