How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3811
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to fill out a 3115. My clients previous preparer did

Customer Question

Hi there. I need to fill out a 3115. My clients previous preparer did not depreciate his rental properties. what dcn is this change? Also, where do I send the form? Last, what attachments do I put with it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The DCN is 481. You will attach the ORIGINAL Form 3115 to the tax return and mail a COPY to:

Internal Revenue Service

Automatic Rulings Branch

P. O. Box 7604

Benjamin Franklin Station

Washington, DC 20044.

The following links contain excellent information you will find helpful:

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,


Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no 481 Dcn. I am not sure you have given me the correct information.
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.

My apologies. DCN is 184. I had referenced the IRS section (481).