Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

S-corp formed and based in FL - does it require to file any

Customer Question
year end tax forms (besides...
S-corp formed and based in FL - does it require to file any year end tax forms (besides annual report)? Such as F-1120?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
10/11/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Yes - for the first year - when you elect S-corporation tax treatment - the form F-1120 is required (you need to fill the informational portion of Form F-1120).
In following years, you are required to file Florida Form F-1120 ONLY if the S Corporation has federal taxable income.

If there is no federal taxable income - filing is not required.

Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago

For specific filing requirements - see here

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/taxes/corporate.html

Who Must File?

S corporations that pay federal income tax on Line 22c of federal Form 1120S

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor