Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Tax advisor, what is the tax rate estate lease company? what

Customer Question
Hello tax advisor, what is...
Hello tax advisor, what is the tax rate for real estate lease company? what is the tax rate for real estate development company? Thank you in advance for the answers.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
10/9/2015
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

...

If you're asking about income tax, the answer will depend on how the company is set up ... If a pass-through, such as an S-Corp, partnership or LLC not taxed as a corporation, the net income flows to to owner's 1040 (proportionate to the ownership interest) and will be taxed at the individuals marginal tax rate.

...

Single Filing Status

[Tax Rate Schedule X, Internal Revenue Code section 1(c)]

• 10% on taxable income from $0 to $9,075, plus

• 15% on taxable income over $9,075 to $36,900, plus

• 25% on taxable income over $36,900 to $89,350, plus

• 28% on taxable income over $89,350 to $186,350, plus

• 33% on taxable income over $186,350 to $405,100, plus

• 35% on taxable income over $405,100 to $406,750, plus

• 39.6% on taxable income over $406,750.

Married Filing Jointly or Qualifying Widow(er) Filing Status

[Tax Rate Schedule Y-1, Internal Revenue Code section 1(a)]

...

• 10% on taxable income from $0 to $18,150, plus

• 15% on taxable income over $18,150 to $73,800, plus

• 25% on taxable income over $73,800 to $148,850, plus

• 28% on taxable income over $148,850 to $226,850, plus

• 33% on taxable income over $226,850 to $405,100, plus

• 35% on taxable income over $405,100 to $457,600, plus

• 39.6% on taxable income over $457,600.

If the company is a C-Corp, the profits will be taxed to the corporate at corporate tax rates.

...

If taxable income (line 30, Form 1120) on page 1 is:

OverBut not overTax isOf amount over

$0$50,00015%$0

50,00075,000$7,500 + 25%50,000

75,000100,00013,750 + 34%75,000

100,000335,00022,250 + 39%100,000

335,00010,000,000113,900 + 34%335,000

10,000,00015,000,0003,400,000 + 35%10,000,000

15,000,00018,333,3335,150,000 + 38%15,000,000

18,333,333____35%0

...

If you are asking about sales and use tax, I'll need to know when your state

...

Can you please provide more detail?

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS