Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

MY DAUGHTER EARNED $9500 SHE IS 21 YR OLD, AND A FULL TIME

Customer Question
STUDENT. CAN I CLAIM HER...
MY DAUGHTER EARNED $9500 SHE IS 21 YR OLD, AND A FULL TIME STUDENT. CAN I CLAIM HER ON MY INCOME TAX ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
10/9/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

Your daughter meets the age and relationship to be your dependent. As a full time student her income is not restricted.

Your child must be under age 19 or, if a full-time student, under age 24. As she is that would make her a qualifying child.

Her job cannot provide more than half of her support. You must still provide more for her support than she does.

If all that is so then you can claim her as a dependent.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4