How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29569
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is my husbands estate identification number

Customer Question

What is my husbands estate identification number
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

That is EIN - Employer Identification number issued by the IRS for the estate.

You would need to apply for EIN.

The IRS Form CP575 is the IRS generated letter you receive from the IRS granting your Employer Identification Number.

Here is an example of that letter

If you misplaced that CP575 that was issued for the estate - you may look for any tax related documents - there must be EIN.

For copy you need contact IRS via the phone. Call _1_800_829_4933_ from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm.You need to be an authorized person to request a letter for the corporation.

Actually - the IRS will not re-issue or provide a copy of the CP575 Letter.If you lost your original letter and need to confirm your EIN - the IRS will send you the letter 147C that may be used when you are asked for the CP575 Letter.

Let me know if you need any help.