Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need advice on issuing a 1099 to someone I paid income to

Customer Question
as an outside contract....
I need advice on issuing a 1099 to someone I paid income to as an outside contract.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
10/5/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

I would be happy to assist you. Please give me the specifics.

While I continue to wait for you to respond with the specifics about the payment, I will offer you some general information then we can go from there.

If in the course of your business you pay $600 or more in the year to someone for services provided to your business, you need to issue them a 1099MISC. You do not issue a 1099MISC to a foreign individual.

You should request that your vendors, contractors and other payment recipients submit to you a W9 if they are a US person.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4