How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3173
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get copies of tax returns ,2011,2012. Returns were

Customer Question

How can I get copies of tax returns for 2010,2011,2012. Returns for these were not returned to us by tax preparer. We were only told how much return we would receive.
Numerous requests I was told they were lost.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

First, who is your preparer? Some retail tax preparation companies upload returns to your online account.

You can get a transcript of your returns from IRS, it is as good/valid as an actual return and has exactly the same info as your return, except it looks different. You can also request actual copies of your return from IRS, but this will cost you $50 each.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

To get your transcript, request it here:

If you want actual copies, you must fill out this form and mail it in: