Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Using Quick Books, I pay my liabilities via intuit. I

Customer Question
received a nasty-gram from California...
Using Quick Books, I pay my liabilities via intuit. I received a nasty-gram from California EDD saying I didn't file my DE 9c and DE 9.I looked in QB and saw that something was filed and paid to EDD to pay CA Disability, CA withholding, CA employment training and CA Unemployment. Would this be the aforementioned forms?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
9/29/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

The CA DE 9C is a form you would file that lists your employees and the amount of wages subject to the withholding.

You should have kept a copy of the form for your records. You can send a copy of that to CA. Here is a link to see what the form actually looks like

http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de9c.pdf

The DE 9c and the DE 9 would have been sent together.

The DE 9 would have shown the actual payment you were making. As you paid the state just needs the form .

http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de9.pdf

Are eother of those forms for the CA unemployment ot employment training?

Those forms report wages and payroll for the state of CA and employment training tax too.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4