How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12697
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you, Some of my local friends trade with US stocks and

Customer Question

Thank you, ***** ***** my local friends trade with US stocks and their US online brokers required them to fill W-8BEN to reverse the 30%withholding they are not paying any taxes, can you please explain to me how is this different than my situation, thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.

Would you please go back to the original question ... I answered it there... you have no submitted a second question thread here


You can find your original question and my answers to both the original and follow-up question here: