How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3477
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found out that my tax was filed under the wrong

Customer Question

I just found out that my tax was filed under the wrong social for the past 3 years. I went online and paid the amount that I owed for the past 3 years on but there was no way for me to submit my tax forms/voucher?
What should i do!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

Q: What should i do!

A: Contact the IRS at 1-***-***-**** and let them know what has happened. They should be able to correct the situation. You may have to complete some paperwork in order for them to correct the matter though. Be prepared to be on hold for a while though.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - my friend is telling me that if I just pay online without the right paperwork they will just return my payment?

Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

I don't see a specific number to call for IRS Direct Pay. However, I would call them because who knows, the social that you entered could belong to someone else and your money gets credited to their account. I would not assume that they will automatically send the funds back to you.