Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am a contractor tax exempt research company in the state

Customer Question
I am a contractor for...
I am a contractor for a tax exempt research company in the state of New York. When I purchase parts and materials to be used for them, are said parts and materials subject to tax?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
9/23/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

The organization would need to apply for an exemption certificate and be granted same for the purchases to be exempt from sales tax.

To apply they would file Form ST-119.2, Application for an Exempt Organization Certificate .

If granted NY will issue Form ST-119, Exempt Organization Certificate, to them. It will contain a six-digit New York State sales tax exemption number.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4