Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I sold my Disney timeshare for $2000.00 more than I paid ...

Customer Question
I sold my Disney timeshare...
I sold my Disney timeshare for $2000.00 more than I paid for it ... approx. how much will I owe in fed taxes on this sale?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
9/22/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Hi and welcome to our site!
That transaction will result in long term capital gain - assuming you held the property more than a year.
While the actual rate will depends on your total income - for most taxpayers - long term capital gain tax rate is 15%.

Louisiana state income tax is extra - again the rate is based on total taxable income - generally it woudl be 4% on taxable income between $12500 and $50,000.
So - as a rough estimation - I would assume 15% for federal - $300 and 4% for state $80 on capital gain $2000.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor