Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I Am dealing with a C corp audit where we finally agreed on

Customer Question
a number where the auditor...
I Am dealing with a C corp audit where we finally agreed on a number where the auditor needed to look into personal records to get to tax adjustment. now asking taxpayer to come down in person to sign off and bring down payment of tax due and wants a personal signed letter from tax payer saying he admits to all the finding. I have not seen anything like this in my 13 years of experience, wondering if this sounds ok to anyone that has seen something like this or i should advise my client to seek legal? I hoped that we can settle for the number we came up to but don't want my client to sign a letter that will incriminate himself, also took almost 2 years to get to this point. Please help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
i would like to proceed via just answer to see if i can get any info here first thank you
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2015
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax.

If you want a phone call to discuss, I will post an offer to call Saturday morning. I made my bones doing audit defense, and I don't like the implications of what this could mean.

The personal records in a C corp audit is beyond typical scope. It also expands the audit, and I would expect personal audits for any open years.

I'll post an offer for 1/2 hour to discuss. I typically ask to see the returns and the audit workpapers, but 1/2 hour might be enough to give you some guidance without the papers.

PDtax
PDtax