How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15328
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I prepared my return on extension to my 2014 1040A Federal

Customer Question

I prepared my return on extension to my 2014 1040A Federal Tax Return yesterday on Turbo Tax. I was unable to make a connection yesterday or today to the number provided by the I.R.S. on Turbo Tax to obtain my electronic pin to complete and send the federal and state forms. I called the phone number at the I.R.S. provided by Turbo Tax for obtaining the number. My social security number is ***** My birthday is ***** My street address is the same on my 2013 filing, XXXXXXXXXXX. My name is***** My occupation is retired, just returning from medical leave to part-time independent contractor tutoring. I worked hard not to be late. The question for an electronic pin held up my federal and Illinois state filings. Thank you. My phone number is ***** My e-mail address is XXXXXX.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


It is unfortunate that you have been experiencing problems with acquiring your PIN and unable to complete your filing.

Your extension is good til October 15th so you are still not late with your filing. You may want to try and get your Electronic PIN online instead of calling the phone number.

Use the above and let me know if you receive your PIN but please know that you are not late yet for filing.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.