Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I prepared my return on extension to my 2014 1040A Federal

Customer Question

I prepared my return on extension to my 2014 1040A Federal Tax Return yesterday on Turbo Tax. I was unable to make a connection yesterday or today to the number provided by the I.R.S. on Turbo Tax to obtain my electronic pin to complete and send the federal and state forms. I called the phone number at the I.R.S. provided by Turbo Tax for obtaining the number. My social security number is ***** My birthday is ***** My street address is the same on my 2013 filing, XXXXXXXXXXX. My name is***** My occupation is retired, just returning from medical leave to part-time independent contractor tutoring. I worked hard not to be late. The question for an electronic pin held up my federal and Illinois state filings. Thank you. My phone number is ***** My e-mail address is XXXXXX.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

It is unfortunate that you have been experiencing problems with acquiring your PIN and unable to complete your filing.

Your extension is good til October 15th so you are still not late with your filing. You may want to try and get your Electronic PIN online instead of calling the phone number.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Electronic-Filing-PIN-Request

Use the above and let me know if you receive your PIN but please know that you are not late yet for filing.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.