Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do I get a copy of my 2011 tax return?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
9/14/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

You can request a copy from the IRS. They do charge for this copy. If you need a copy of your return, you must use Form 4506, Request for Copy of Return.

Most taxpayers will ask for a copy of their prior year tax return. In many cases, however, a transcript will provide the information they need more quickly. Transcripts provide taxpayers with a computer-created record of their tax return that includes most of the line-items as filed with the IRS, including any accompanying forms and schedules. The transcript doesn't reflect any changes the taxpayer, his/her representative or the IRS made after the return was filed.

The online Get Transcript service is currently unavailable. You may still order transcripts using the Get Transcript by Mail service.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4