How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3717
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A Corporation set-up in the US as a DE

Customer Question

A Corporation set-up in the US as a DE Corporation.....funded by a German company it is my understanding they have to file an 1120-F and make the election to be taxed on only the income from the US
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 2 years ago.

So the German company is the parent company, is this correct? If this is correct, then yes, the Germany company will need to complete the Form 1120-F. SEE BELOW:

A foreign corporation that maintains an

office or place of business in the United

States must generally file Form 1120-F by

the 15th day of the 3rd month after the end

of its tax year.


Link to Form 1120-F:

Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK....can the return be done here in the US and signed by the an officer of the new Corporation.
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 2 years ago.

Based on the following information, the answer is yes.

Following is who must sign:

Who Must Sign

The return must be signed and dated by:

The president, vice president, treasurer,

assistant treasurer, chief accounting

officer or

Any other corporate officer (such as tax

officer) authorized to sign.