Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

New jersey - I have a NJ LLC (# 0400636177) Can I set up a

Customer Question
new jersey - I have...
new jersey - I have a NJ LLC (#(###) ###-#### ***** I set up a new LLC S Corp and pay taxes anytime during year? Or would it be better to set up the S Corp in January of 2016 for tax purposes.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
9/12/2015
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

You can set up a new LLC electing S corporation status at any time during the year. The federal tax return for an S corporation is due on the 15th day of the 3rd month after the end of its tax year. If the S corporation uses the calendar year as its tax year, the federal return will be due 3/15 of the following year. The NJ S corporation tax return will be due on April 15 of the following year if it uses the calendar year as its tax year.

S corporations are pass-through entities which means even though they file a tax return (Form 1120S), K-1s are generated and distributed to the S corporation's shareholders. The information contained on the K-1 is entered on the shareholder's personal tax return.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you.

If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the ONLY WAY I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR ANSWERING YOU AND ALERTS JUST ANSWER TO COMPENSATE ME FOR PART OF THE MONEY THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent