Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Am I still on my irs payment plan? Payments were taken out

Customer Question
every month o0n the 28th...
am I still on my irs payment plan? Payments were taken out every month o0n the 28th. My payment for August 2015 was first refused by my bank Chase. It was resubmitted on Aug 31st and accepted. What so I do now? I have received a letter asking for full payment of $1715.83. I don't have this amount to pay. It's due Sept. 14th 2015. Am I still on the payment plan? Please help me to resolve this problem.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/11/2015
Tax Professional: Jax Tax, Tax Attorney replied 2 years ago
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney

You may or may not still be on the payment plan, but if all you owe is $1700, you can call(###) ###-####to set it back up. Likely it is still in effect but I would call the IRS to confirm.

The IRS can revoke a payment plan if you don't file future returns, don't pay future balances, or don't meet current terms.

Based on my expierence, the timing of the missed payment and the letter seems very very fast. You should call the IRS to make sure there are not other problems. Again, as long as you owe such a small total, a simple call can reestablish the plan.

Jax Tax
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney